Frequently Asked Questions
Must I be completely undressed?
- Undress to your level of comfort. A full body massage can be given with you fully dressed; however, no oil would be used and it won’t resemble the traditional gliding and
- Will the practitioner be present when I disrobe?
- The practitioner will leave the room while you undress, relax onto the table, and cover yourself with a clean sheet.
What should I expect?
- You will be properly draped always to keep you warm and comfortable. Only the area being worked on will be exposed.
- A typical full-body session will include work on your back, arms, legs, feet, hands, head, neck, and shoulders. Abdomen, 'Glutes' (buttocks), and upper chest (décolleté) may be added to your session and can be discussed prior to your session.
- A light natural oil is used to allow your muscles to be massaged without causing excessive friction to the skin. The oil helps hydrate and nourish your skin. A relaxing Swedish massage is often a baseline for clients. Your session may start with broad, flowing strokes that will help calm your nervous system and relax exterior muscle tension. As your body becomes relaxed, pressure will be gradually increased to relax specific areas and relieve areas of muscular tension. You should communicate immediately if you feel any discomfort so that another approach may be taken. Massage and bodywork are most effective when your body is not resisting.
- The practitioner may gently move you or tell you what is needed throughout the session (such as lifting your arm). Many people just close their eyes and completely relax, communicating if/when they need more (or less) pressure, or anything else relevant to the session. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Which different kinds of massage and bodywork are available?
- Anointed Relaxation offers Swedish, Deep Tissue, Myofascial Release, Trigger Point Therapy, basic Aromatherapy, Warm Bamboo massage, Hot Stone & Cold Stone Massage, Micro Polish Body Treatments, Dry Brushing, and Massage Cupping. We can discuss which methods may be most appropriate for you.
How will I feel after the massage or bodywork session?
Most people feel very relaxed. Some experience freedom from long-term aches and pains developed from tension or repetitive activity. After an initial period of feeling slowed down, people often experience increased energy, heightened awareness, and greater productivity which can last for days.
What are the benefits of massage and bodywork?
Massage and bodywork can help release chronic muscular tension and pain, improve circulation, increase joint flexibility, reduce mental and physical fatigue and stress, promote faster healing of injured muscular tissue, improve posture, and reduce blood pressure. Massage and bodywork is also known to promote better sleep, improve concentration, reduce anxiety and create an overall sense of well-being.
What is the Micro-Polish?
The micro-polish is a handmade exfoliate which is made with baking soda, coconut oil, and glycerin. It is used to gently scrub away dead, dry skin and expose the radiant new, supple skin underneath. After the polish is used, warm towels and a natural aloe leaf is cut and its gel is used to soothe, nourish, and rehydrate the skin.